Saying Begley is deserving of PoY is not biased no matter where you're from or who you play for. His teammate thinks he is very deserving, so what? He's right so get the hell over it.
Printable View
Saying Begley is deserving of PoY is not biased no matter where you're from or who you play for. His teammate thinks he is very deserving, so what? He's right so get the hell over it.
You could make an argument for 4-5 guys. Fact of the matter is that no one was clear-cut dominant (in a league that was not dominant). It's hard to get bummed about any of them. I could live with the selection of any of them.
the coaches are the ones that voted for the player of the year...why even argue the point
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Basketball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Most Valuable Player cannot come from one of the worst teams in the district.</div></div>
To quote Ricky Bobby--"That just happened!!!"
So...you're kinda wrong there. Actually, really wrong that it "cannot" come from one of the worst teams in the district...because it just did.
Lobbying on here for Begley/Martin/the walrus Ku-ku-kachoo isn't gonna change anything. We get it--some people wanted a teammate or a buddy to win it instead of Vanover. However, it's already been decided that Vanover won it. He's POY--no use to worry about who's who and what's what.
And that maybe why it is called Player of the Year, not Most Valuable Player.
Here's my point of view--Vanover's the ONLY kid in the LPD that I saw that was a real threat to throw up 40 or 50 in any game this year. He was THE player that anyone had to key on when playing against Clintwood, no offense to the rest of their players. Had he not had to pick up more of the slack when it came to handling the basketball and running the offense, then who knows what kind of #'s he might have put up. You put him on a team w/more talent like a Burton/Appy/PV, then he averages (yes, averages) 30 a game, no problem, because defensive pressure would have been much less and someone else would have been handling the basketball more in offensive sets--and he would have been free to play his offensive game and focus on that and only that.
You all are beating a dead horse. Evan Vanover was chosen Player of the Year. Congrats to him.
I'm not trying to get it changed.
Just putting my opinion in on the matter.
As am I....if course I would want my teammate and buddy to get it, but thats just not the case here....I didnt just say Begley was the only one...Martin or Bolling couldve gotten it just as easy....Im only lobbying for him because I know his stats and seen all of his games haha this year and I didnt see the others, it makes sense....Im not trying to change it, I know I cant lol but I am just stating my opinion about the subject
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael_Vick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey raider13 why don't you quit being biased and realize that what you say isn't going to change anyone's minds. </div></div>
Not being bias, I think Ive stressed that enough...get over it